Development Impact Fees
Development Impact Fees are one time charges applied to new development, redevelopment, expansions and tenant improvements depending on the proposed use. The fees are collected at the issuance of a building permit, to provide funding for the improvement and expansion of City infrastructure, such as streets, water, reclaimed water, sanitary sewer and storm sewer facilities, parks, libraries, schools, public safety and other facilities, impacted by the service needs of development.
Recent Development Impact Fees DocumentsEach quarter, we update the development impact fee schedules to account for the increase in the cost of construction. Development impact fees are collected on two levels- on a Citywide basis for all development in the City and in Master Plan areas to pay the costs of development of the master plan area.
2023 Quarter 4
2023 Quarter 3
2023 Quarter 2
2023 Quarter 1
2022 Quarter 4
2022 Quarter 3
2022 Quarter 2
2022 Quarter 1
2021 Quarter 4
2021 Quarter 3
2021 Quarter 2
2021 Quarter 1
2020 Quarter 4
Development Impact Fee Deferral ProgramsAs a convenience to our customers, the City of Turlock has developed several ways that you can defer the payment of development impact fees. The City of Turlock has developed four programs of fee deferrals, outlined below. In addition, the City of Turlock approved participation in the Statewide Community Infrastructure Program (SCIP) which allows you to pay development impact fees over a longer period of time by participating in a statewide program.
The City Council has adopted three fee deferral programs for commercial and industrial development and one deferral program for residential development to help reduce the development community's upfront costs by not requiring full payment of specific development impact fees at building permit issuance.
Commercial and Industrial Development
- Deferred to Occupancy (D.T.O.)
Fees can be deferred to occupancy; or
- 20% Plan
Fees can be paid over 4 years with 20% due at building permit issuance and the remaining 80% paid over the next 4 years (20% per year). The deferred amount will be subject to Engineering News Record Index changes as well as compounded interest. Interest would be set by averaging the last 4 years of interest earned by the City as published by the State Controllers Office; or
- 10-30% Plan
Fees can be paid over 5 years with 0% due at building permit issuance and the remaining 100% paid over the next 5 years (10% year 1, 15% year 2, 20% year 3, 25% year 4 and 30% year 5). The deferred amount will be subject to Engineering News Record Index changes as well as compounded interest. Interest would be set by averaging the last 5 years of interest earned by the City as published by the State Controllers Office Local Agency Investment Fund.
- Residential Fee Deferral Agreement (RFA)
Development Impact Fees can be deferred to close of escrow. Refer to City Council Resolution 2015-136
City Council Resolution 2015-136
Statewide Community Infrastructure Program (SCIP)
The City Council has also approved the participation in the SCIP program. This allows property owners who choose to participate in the program to have the selected public capital improvements and the development impact fees owed to the City be financed by the issuance of tax-exempt bonds by California Statewide Communities Development Authority (CSCDA). CSCDA is a joint powers authority sponsored by the League of California Cities and the California State Association of Counties.
CSCDA will impose a special assessment on the owner's property to repay the portion of the bonds issued to finance the fees paid with respect to the property. This is a low-cost, long-term tax-exempt financing of development fees, freeing up capital for other purposes. The property owner can choose to pay off the special assessments at any time.
For more information on the program, contact James Hamill at (925) 933-9229 ext. 216 or Terrence Murphy at (925) 933-9229 ext. 223 with CSCDA or visit their website.
CA Statewide Communities Development Authority
Development Fees Annual ReportsFiscal Year 2015-2016
Fiscal Year 2016-2017
Development Impact Fees Nexus StudiesETMP Development Impact Fee Nexus Study Updated 9/30/2019
Capital Facility Fees Development Impact Fee Nexus Study
WISP Development Impact Fee Nexus Study
NWTSP Development Impact Fee Nexus Study
Morgan Ranch Development Impact Fee Nexus Study
North Turlock Development Impact Fee Nexus Study