Press ReleaseWednesday, November 2, 2022
PRESS RELEASE: Turlock Police Department Awarded $70,000 in Grant Funding to Deter Unsafe Behaviors and Increase Safety on Roads
Turlock, California. – The Turlock Police Department will increase patrols throughout the community and provide other traffic safety programs to help reduce the number of serious injuries and deaths on our roads.
Turlock Police Department Sergeant Dusel said, “This grant funding allows us to support our ongoing traffic safety efforts in the community. Our intent is to stop the most unlawful and dangerous behaviors that put people at risk and to create an environment where everyone feels safe traveling.”
The grant will provide additional programs and resources, including:
• DUI checkpoints and patrols focused on stopping suspected impaired drivers.
• High visibility distracted driving enforcement operations targeting drivers in violation of California’s hands-free cell phone law.
• Enforcement operations focused on the most dangerous driver behaviors that put the safety of people biking or walking at risk.
• Enforcement operations focused on top violations that cause crashes: speeding, failure to yield, stop sign and/or red-light running, and improper turning or lane changes.
• Enforcement operations focused on street racing and sideshows.
• Community presentations on traffic safety issues such as distracted driving, impaired driving, speeding, bicycle and pedestrian safety.
• Officer training and/or recertification: Standard Field Sobriety Test (SFST), Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement (ARIDE) and Drug Recognition Expert (DRE).
The grant program will run through September 2023.
Funding for this program was provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
The Turlock Police Department is an active participant in the Crime Stoppers Program. Callers can leave an anonymous tip by calling Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636 and may be eligible for a cash reward.
To receive more detailed, up-to-date information directly from the Turlock Police Department via e-mail or text message, register for "Nixle" alerts at www.Nixle.com or more directly at https://local.nixle.com/register/. Or, text your zip code to 888777 to receive text alerts only.
For additional information, follow our social media pages on Facebook and Twitter.
This information is being released by Turlock Police Department Sergeant Joseph Dusel.
Any media requests should contact:
Sergeant Michael Parmley
Office of Professional Standards
Turlock Police Department Office
Phone - (209) 668-6506
Email – email@example.com
Back to Press Releases